Date(s) - 22/09/2014 - 24/09/2014
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
MyOcean2 is organising an open science conference on Operational Oceanography between Monday 22 September 2014 (early afternoon) and Wednesday 24 September.
Online registration will open from May 15th together with the call for abstracts.
The conference will cover all scientific areas of operational oceanography as well as its applications (weather, seasonal and climate monitoring, marine resources, marine safety, coastal and marine environment). The Conference will be held just before the end of the FP7 funded MyOcean2 project.
Objectives of the 2014 conference
– Review the status of R&D activities and the scientific achievements of MyOcean, MyOcean-2 and related EU-funded projects ;
– Promote exchanging of scientific information between actors of operational oceanography from Europe and elsewhere
– Promote and assess the use of MyOcean products for scientific research ;
– Link the MyOcean scientific needs more closely with national and international research projects (e.g. GODAE OceanView) ;
– Identify directions for future research to improve existing marine services or to develop new capabilities within the Copernicus framework.
The conference is open to all MyOcean participants as well as to scientists involved in the research topics listed above. Contributions are more specifically expected form individuals in charge of scientific activities developed for MyOcean (R&D and Production Centre), and from investigators involved in national or EU-funded projects that contribute to Operational Oceanography. Further, contributions focusing on scientific use of MyOcean products and services are most welcome.
For additional information click here.